WordPress is so missed for many great features and plugins. Hence, we moved the site back to the WordPress system on Jul. 12, 2013. MediaWiki is great but, for this site, WordPress is a better solution.
The so missed features of WordPress ∞
- Related posts via the YARPP Plugin.
- URLs without strongly mapped to the title using ‘-‘ with small letters instead of ‘_’ with the exact characters in the title.
- Comment system well integrated with disqus. Better for SEO.
- Automatic URL to post mapping search.
- A little more lightweight.
Faster and better caching system via the WP Super Cache plugin.
Some features of MediaWiki that I miss but find replacements ∞
- Better syntax for editor — Use the BlogText plugin (preferred) or markdown support or BBCode support.
- History. Partially supported through the WordPress revision history.
Latest posts by Eric Zhiqiang Ma (see all)
- Vim Tutorial for Beginners: vimtutor - Dec 31, 2016
- Essential Gnome Shell Extensions for Gnome 3 Users - Oct 22, 2016
- How to Install 32-bit Wine 1.8 on CentOS 7 - Oct 16, 2016