bmpanel2 (1) - Linux Manuals
bmpanel2: X11 NETWM compliant panel (desktop switcher, taskbar, systray, clock, launcher, etc.) with themeing capabilities.
bmpanel2 - X11 NETWM compliant panel (desktop switcher, taskbar, systray, clock, launcher, etc.) with themeing capabilities.
bmpanel2 [-h|--help] [--version] [--usage] [--list] [--theme=<theme>]
BMPanel2 (bitmap panel) is a tiny little bar on the top of the screen or on the bottom. It contains different "widgets" - the pieces of functionality which help user to interact with his desktop. Some of the default widgets include:
- 1. Taskbar - A list of tasks (windows) on the current desktop.
- 2. Desktop Switcher - Allows user to choose current desktop.
- 3. Systray - Also known as notification area.
- 4. Clock - No comments.
- 5. Launchbar - Allows user to run different programs in one click.
The main goal of this project is to create a simple, lightweight, nice looking, but still useful panel, that will be accompanied with another piece of a really good software - the Openbox 3.
- Prints short list with following tiny descriptions of all of the options.
- Prints currently installed version of the bmpanel2.
- Prints the most shortest possible bmpanel2 usage reminder.
- Lists all themes found on known paths for current user. Additional info such as theme author name will be printed also.
- Override theme parameter in the config file.
Code and art:
- * nsf <no.smile.face [at] gmail.com>
- * Andrew Nayenko <resver [at] gmail.com>
A lot of Creative Commons covered theme ports (alduin, auriel, curvy, flora, striped):
- * weakhead (http://weakhead.deviantart.com)