cancel (1) - Linux Man Pages
cancel: cancel jobs
cancel - cancel jobs
SYNOPSIScancel [ -E ] [ -U username ] [ -a ] [ -h hostname[:port] ] [ -u username ] [ -x ] [ id ] [ destination ] [ destination-id ]
DESCRIPTIONThe cancel command cancels print jobs. If no destination or id is specified, the currently printing job on the default destination is canceled.
OPTIONSThe following options are recognized by cancel:
- Cancel all jobs on the named destination, or all jobs on all destinations if none is provided.
- Forces encryption when connecting to the server.
- -h hostname[:port]
- Specifies an alternate server.
- -U username
- Specifies the username to use when connecting to the server.
- -u username
- Cancels jobs owned by username.
- Deletes job data files in addition to canceling.
CONFORMING TOUnlike the System V printing system, CUPS allows printer names to contain any printable character except SPACE, TAB, "/", or "#". Also, printer and class names are not case-sensitive.
EXAMPLESCancel the current print job:
cancelCancel job "myprinter-42":
cancel myprinter-42Cancel all jobs:
NOTESAdministrators wishing to prevent unauthorized cancellation of jobs via the -u option should require authentication for Cancel-Jobs operations in cupsd.conf(5).
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2007-2019 by Apple Inc.