cg_annotate (1) - Linux Manuals
cg_annotate: post-processing tool for Cachegrind
cg_annotate - post-processing tool for Cachegrind
- cg_annotate [options] cachegrind-out-file [source-files...]
- Show the help message.
- Show the version number.
--show=A,B,C [default: all, using order in cachegrind.out.<pid>]
- Specifies which events to show (and the column order). Default is to use all present in the cachegrind.out.<pid> file (and use the order in the file). Useful if you want to concentrate on, for example, I cache misses (--show=I1mr,ILmr), or data read misses (--show=D1mr,DLmr), or LL data misses (--show=DLmr,DLmw). Best used in conjunction with --sort.
--sort=A,B,C [default: order in cachegrind.out.<pid>]
- Specifies the events upon which the sorting of the function-by-function entries will be based.
--threshold=X [default: 0.1%]
Sets the threshold for the function-by-function summary. A function is shown if it accounts for more than X% of the counts for the primary sort event. If auto-annotating, also affects which files are annotated.
Note: thresholds can be set for more than one of the events by appending any events for the --sort option with a colon and a number (no spaces, though). E.g. if you want to see each function that covers more than 1% of LL read misses or 1% of LL write misses, use this option:
--show-percs=<no|yes> [default: no]
- When enabled, a percentage is printed next to all event counts. This helps gauge the relative importance of each function and line.
--auto=<no|yes> [default: no]
- When enabled, automatically annotates every file that is mentioned in the function-by-function summary that can be found. Also gives a list of those that couldn't be found.
--context=N [default: 8]
- Print N lines of context before and after each annotated line. Avoids printing large sections of source files that were not executed. Use a large number (e.g. 100000) to show all source lines.
-I<dir> --include=<dir> [default: none]
- Adds a directory to the list in which to search for files. Multiple -I/--include options can be given to add multiple directories.