chardet (1) - Linux Manuals
chardet: universal character encoding detector
Command to display
chardet manual in Linux:
$ man 1 chardet
chardet - universal character encoding detector
Report heuristically-detected character encoding for each file.
For every specified file (defaulting to stdin if no files are
specified), reads and determines the character encoding of the file
content. Reports the name and confidence level for each file's
detected character encoding.
chardet module was written by Mark Pilgrim <mark [at] diveintomark.org>
This manual page was written by Piotr Ożarowski <piotr [at] debian.org>,
for the Debian project (but may be used by others).
Pages related to chardet
- chardet3 (1) - universal character encoding detector
- chardetect (1) - universal character encoding detector
- chardetect3 (1) - universal character encoding detector
- chartex (1) - A utility to extract charts from an Excel file for insertion into a Spreadsheet::WriteExcel file.
- chacl (1) - change the access control list of a file or directory
- chafa (1) - Character art facsimile generator
- chage (1) - change user password expiry information
- chainsaw (1) - GUI based log viewer
- uchardet (1) - universalchardet (Universal Charset Detector)