collectd-tg (1) - Linux Manuals
collectd-tg: Traffic generator for collectd.
collectd-tg - Traffic generator for collectd.
SYNOPSIScollectd-tg -n num_vl -H num_hosts -p num_plugins -i interval -d dest -D dport
DESCRIPTIONcollectd-tg generates bogus collectd network traffic. While host, plugin and values are generated randomly, the generated traffic tries to mimic ``real'' traffic as closely as possible.
ARGUMENTS AND OPTIONSThe following options are understood by collectd-tg. The order of the arguments generally doesn't matter, as long as no argument is passed more than once.
- -n num_vl
- Sets the number of unique value lists (VL) to generate. Defaults to 10000.
- -H num_hosts
- Sets the number of unique hosts to simulate. Defaults to 1000.
- -p num_plugins
- Sets the number of unique plugins to simulate. Defaults to 20.
- -i interval
- Sets the interval in which each value list is dispatched. Defaults to 10.0 seconds.
- -d dest
- Sets the destination to which to send the generated network traffic. Defaults to the IPv6 multicast address, "ff18::efc0:4a42".
- -D dport
- Sets the destination port or service to which to send the generated network traffic. Defaults to collectd's default port, 25826.
- Print usage summary.
AUTHORFlorian Forster <octo at collectd.org>