dot2gxl (1) - Linux Man Pages
dot2gxl: GXL-GV converters
gxl2gv,gv2gxl - GXL-GV converters
SYNOPSISgxl2gv [ -gd? ] [ -ooutfile ] [ files ]
gv2gxl [ -gd? ] [ -ooutfile ] [ files ]
DESCRIPTIONgxl2gv converts between graphs represented in GXL and in the GV language. Unless a conversion type is specified using a flag, gxl2gv will deduce the type of conversion from the suffix of the input file, a ".gv" suffix causing a conversion from GV to GXL, and a ".gxl" suffix causing a conversion from GXL to GV. If no suffix is available, e.g. when the input is from a pipe, and no flags are used then gxl2gv assumes the type of the input file from its executable name so that gxl2gv converts from GXL to GV, and gv2gxl converts from GV to GXL.
GXL supports a much richer graph model than GV. gxl2gv will attempt to map GXL constructs into the analogous GV construct when this is possible. If not, the GXL information is stored as an attribute. The intention is that applying gxl2gv|gv2gxl is semantically equivalent to the identity operator.
OPTIONSThe following options are supported:
- The command name and input file extensions are ignored, the input is taken as a GV file and a GXL file is generated.
- The command name and input file extensions are ignored, the input is taken as a GXL file and a GV file is generated.
- Prints usage information and exits.
- -o outfile
- If specified, the output will be written into the file outfile. Otherwise, output is written to standard out.
OPERANDSThe following operand is supported:
- Names of files containing 1 or more graphs in GXL or GV. If no files operand is specified, the standard input will be used.
RETURN CODESBoth gxl2gv and gv2gxl return 0 if there were no problems during conversion; and non-zero if any error occurred.
BUGSgxl2gv will only convert in one direction even if given multiple files with varying suffixes.
The conversion can only handle one graph per GXL file.
There are some GXL constructs which gxl2gv cannot handle.
AUTHORSKrishnam Pericherla <kp [at] research.att.com>
Emden R. Gansner <erg [at] research.att.com>