emelfm2 (1) - Linux Man Pages
emelfm2: a GTK+2 file manager
NAMEemelFM2 - a GTK+2 file manager
DESCRIPTIONemelFM2 is a file manager for UNIX-like operating systems. It uses a simple and efficient interface pioneered by Norton Commander in the 1980's. The main window is divided into three "panes" or "panels". Two of them show information about the contents of selected filesystem directories. That information is presented as text. The third pane shows the output of commands executed within the program.
COMMAND LINE OPTIONS
- -1,--one= DIR
- At session-start, show DIR in the first filelist pane.
- -2,--two= DIR
- At session-start, show DIR in the second filelist pane.
- -c,--config= DIR
- Set the configuration-data directory to DIR (default: ~/.config/emelfm2).
- -e,--encoding= TYPE
- Set the filesystem character encoding to TYPE.
- -f,--fallback-encoding= TYPE
- Set the fallback encoding to TYPE (default: ISO-8859-1).
- Ignore the encoding/locale problems (use at your own risk!).
- Maximise GTK+2 error logging.
- Detach the emelFM2 session from its controlling terminal. Will not work when emelFM2 is compiled with debug support.
- -r,--run-at-start= COMMAND
- Run COMMAND immediately after session start.
- -s,--set-option OPTION_NAME=string-value
- Set one-line config option. "OPTION_NAME=string-value" is a string in the format used in the config file.
- -t,--trash= DIR
- Set the trash directory to DIR (default: ~/.local/share/Trash/files).
- Display a brief help message.
- Display a brief usage message.
Display the version and build information.
These only work when emelFM2 is compiled with debug support:
- -d,--debug= N
- Set the debug level. N = digit from 1 (lowest) to 5 (highest). Default is 5.
Display time and location information in debug messages. Only works when emelFM2 is compiled with debug support.
FILES AND DIRECTORIES
- Location for the emelFM2 binary. Default PREFIX is /usr/local, which may be modified at compilation time.
- Default location for emelFM2 plugin files, named like e2p*.so.
- Default documentation files' location.
- Default location of application-specific icon files.
- Default location for configuration files, named "config" and "cache".
Default trash directory.
ENVIRONMENT VARIABLESThese are directly used:
- G_BROKEN_FILENAMES, G_FILENAME_ENCODING, HOSTNAME, LC_ALL, LC_MESSAGES, LANGUAGE or LANG, PATH
SUGGESTIONS AND BUG REPORTSPlease send bug reports, comments or feature requests to the mailing list <emelfm2 [at] freelists.org>. You do not need to be a subscriber.
For known bugs refer to http://emelfm2.net/TODO.
CREDITSThe original emelFM was essentially a compilation of some of the features that Michael Clark found most useful in other file managers. The current maintainer of emelFM2 is tooar. For a complete list of contributors please refer to [PREFIX]/share/doc/emelfm2/CREDITS.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2003-2009, tooar <tooar [at] emelfm2.net>.
This program is licensed under the terms of the FSF General Public License and comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.