gajim (1) - Linux Man Pages
gajim: a Jabber/XMPP client
gajim - a Jabber/XMPP client
[-q ] [-v ] [-l subsystem=level ] [-p name ] [-c directory ]
DESCRIPTIONis a Jabber/XMPP client written in Python and GTK+. works nicely with GNOME, yet it does not require it to run. is designed for novice and advanced users as one, as well for XMPP server admins.
XMPP is the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol, a set of open technologies for instant messaging, presence, multi-party chat, voice and video calls, collaboration, lightweight middleware, content syndication, and generalized routing of XML data. For more information on the XMPP protocol see <https://xmpp.org/about-xmpp/>.
- -h --help
- Show help options
- -q --quiet
- Show only critical errors
- -v --verbose
- Print xml stanzas and other debug information
- -l --loglevel subsystem=level Bq , subsystem=level Bq ...
- Configure logging system. Subsystem can be gajim.interface gajim.c.connection .nbxmpp.client_nb etc. Level can be DEBUG INFO WARNING ERROR or CRITICAL
- -p --profile name
- Run using config.name in configuration directory
- -c --config-path directory
- Where to look for configuration files
- Cache database file of transports, caps, roster entry, and roster group.
- Cache directory of avatars.
- Cache directory of vCards (virtual cards).
- The config-path used when [-c ] is not specified.
- Directory where certificates are stored.
- The history database log file. For more information on database logs see <https://trac.gajim.org/wiki/LogsDatabase>.
AUTHORSAn -nosplit is written and maintained by An Yann Leboulanger , and An Denis Fomin , with contributions and patches merged from many individuals around the world. See files AUTHORS and THANKS for a complete list.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2003-2015 Gajim Team
is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; version 3 only.
is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with . If not, see <https://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
FEEDBACKYou can report bugs or feature requests in our bug tracker at trac.gajim.org or in the gajim-devel mailing list; if you want to send us a patch, please do so in our bug tracker. You can also find us in our chat room.
XMPPYou are welcome to join us at gajim [at] conference.gajim.org
MAILING LISTBelow are public mailing lists on lists.gajim.org
More mailing lists at
BUGSPlease submit bugs at
SEE ALSOgajim-remote1 gajim-history-manager1