git-cola (1) - Linux Manuals
git-cola: A highly caffeinated Git GUI
git-cola - A highly caffeinated Git GUI
SYNOPSISgit cola [options]
DESCRIPTIONgit-cola is a powerful Git GUI written in Python. It has many unique features that make Gitcqs advanced features simple and accessible.
- Run git-cola on the git repository in <path>.
- Launch git-cola with a different stylesheet.
- Launch the standalone cola classic tool.
GUI STYLESgit-cola ships with an alternate "dark" stylesheet. Specify --style=dark or provide an external stylesheet with --style=PATH.
- Whether git-cola should remember its window settings.
- Specifies the font to use for git-cola's diff display.
- The number of diff context lines used and displayed by git-cola
- The default text editor is controlled by gui.editor. The config variable overrides the EDITOR environment variable.
- Specifies the history browser to use when visualizing history.
- The default diff tool to use. The config variable overrides the GIT_DIFF_TOOL environment variable.
- The default merge tool to use. The config variable overrides the GIT_MERGE_TOOL environment variable.
- Your email address to be recorded in any newly created commits. Can be overridden by the GIT_AUTHOR_EMAIL, GIT_COMMITTER_EMAIL, and EMAIL environment variables. See linkgit:git-commit-tree.
- Your full name to be recorded in any newly created commits. Can be overridden by the GIT_AUTHOR_NAME and GIT_COMMITTER_NAME environment variables. See linkgit:git-commit-tree.
- Specifies the default editor to use. This is ignored when the git config variable gui.editor is defined.
- Specifies the default diff tool to use. This is ignored when the git config variable diff.tool is defined.
- Specifies the default merge tool to use. This is ignored when the git config variable merge.tool is defined.
SOURCEA git-cola development repository can be obtained via git:
git clone git://github.com/davvid/git-cola.git
STYLESHEETSgit-cola ships with an alternative stylesheet called dark. You can use this stylesheet by running git cola --style=dark.
You can also skin git-cola by providing your own Qt stylesheet. E.g. git cola --style=/path/to/style.qss.
git-cola sources on github
GITgit-cola is independently developed from the linkgit:git suite, but you can use it just like any other git command, e.g. git cola.
AUTHORWritten by David Aguilar <m[blue]davvid [at] gmail.comm>.
davvid [at] gmail.com
- mailto:davvid [at] gmail.com
- Compare changes using common merge tools. (New in git-1.6.3).
- The git repository browser. Shows branches, commit history and file differences. gitk is the utility started by git-cola's Repository Visualize actions.