gjots2 (1) - Linux Man Pages
gjots2: A gnome-2/X11 jotter
NAMEgjots2 - A gnome-2/X11 jotter
SYNOPSISgjots2 [options] gjotsfile
DESCRIPTIONgjots2 is a fairly simple jotter application for your desktop. It displays your data organised in a tree with each leaf being your text. Getting data into gjots2 is fairly easy - you can type it in, cut and paste text or use an editor to convert other text files to the simple gjots2 format (see below for details). You can also convert an existing DOCBOOK file into gjots2 format with docbook2gjots(1). gjots2 files can be simply converted into HTML using gjots2html(1) or into DOCBOOK with gjots2docbook(1) Sensitive data can be encrypted by ccrypt(1), openssl(1) or gpg(1) simply by saving with an appropriate file suffix and providing a password:
- Prints help.
- -g, --geometry WIDTHxHEIGHT[+X+Y]
- Initial window geometry for gjots2. Note that the X and Y components are presently ignored.
- -p, --purge-password
- When opening an encrypted file, gjots now remembers the password for subsequent writes. To restore the old behaviour where gjots purged the password, use this option.
- -r, --readonly
- Opens the gjotsfile in readonly mode (with no locking and no ability to write)
- -d, --debug
- Produces a trace of program execution possiby useful in debugging
- -V, --version
- Print the version and quit
FILES$HOME/.gjotsfile The default data file
- `dirname filename`/.#`basename filename`
- The lock file for the file called filename.
FILE FORMATgjots2 uses a simple text file format with the addition of a hierarchy of items introduced by keywords. The keywords need to be at the start of line to be recognised. Only 3 keywords are presently used:
- Starts a new entry
- Promotes the current item to a folder
- Ends a folder The first line in every entry is used as the 'title' for the tree. In a future release the \Option keyword may be added.
\NewEntry title1 this is the stuff that goes into title1 \NewFolder \NewEntry title3 title 3's stuff \EndFolder
AUTHORWritten by Bob Hepple <bhepple [at] freeshell.org> http://bhepple.freeshell.org/gjots
COPYRIGHTCopyright (c) 2002 Robert Hepple
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SEE ALSOgjots2html(1), gjots2docbook(1), docbook2gjots(1). Also, see the gjots2(1) README, probably as something like:
- netscape /usr/share/doc/gjots-0.8/gjots2.html