grid-ca-sign (1) - Linux Man Pages
grid-ca-sign: Sign a certificate with a SimpleCA for use on a grid
grid-ca-sign - Sign a certificate with a SimpleCA for use on a grid
grid-ca-sign -in REQUEST -out CERTIFICATE [OPTIONS]
grid-ca-sign [ -help | -h | -usage | -version | -versions ]
The grid-ca-sign program signs a certificate based on a request file with a CA certificate created by grid-ca-create. The new certificate is written to a file. If the CA has already signed a certificate with the same subject name as contained in the certificate request, it will refuse to sign the new request unless the -force option is provided on the command-line.
If run as a privileged user, grid-ca-sign uses the CA certificate and sign the certificate. For a non-privileged user, grid-ca-sign uses the CA certificate and configuration located in $HOME/.globus/simpleCA. The grid-ca-sign program an use a different CA configuration and certificate by using the -dir option.
The full set of command-line options to grid-ca-sign follows. In addition to these, unknown options will be passed to the openssl command when creating the self-signed certificate.
-help, -h, -usage
- Display the command-line options to grid-ca-sign and exit.
- Display the version number of the grid-ca-sign command. The second form includes details about the package containing grid-ca-sign.
- Sign the request contained in the REQUEST file.
- Write the signed request to the CERTIFICATE file.
- Revoke any previously issued certificate with the same subject name as in the certificate request and issue a new certificate. Otherwise, grid-ca-sign will refuse to sign the request.
- Sign the certificate using the Simple CA certificate and configuration located in DIRECTORY instead of the default.
- Print the command-line options available for the openssl ca command.
Sign a certificate request using the simple CA in $HOME/SimpleCA'
% *grid-ca-sign* \ -in usercert_request.pem \ -out usercert.pem \ -dir $HOME/SimpleCA
To sign the request please enter the password for the CA key:
The new signed certificate is at: /home/juser/.globus/simpleCA/newcerts/01.pem
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-ca-sign:
- Non-standard installation path of the Globus Toolkit.
Copyright © 1999-2014 University of Chicago
grid-cert-request(1), grid-ca-create(1), grid-default-ca(1), grid-ca-package(1)