hcidump (1) - Linux Man Pages
hcidump: Parse HCI data
NAMEhcidump - Parse HCI data
hcidump [option [option...]] [filter]
hcidump reads raw HCI data coming from and going to a Bluetooth device (which can be specified with the option -i, default is the first available one) and prints to screen commands, events and data in a human-readable form. Optionally, the dump can be written to a file rather than parsed, and the dump file can be parsed in a subsequent moment.
- Prints usage info and exits
- -i <hciX>
- Data is read from hciX, which must be the name of an installed Bluetooth device. If not specified, and if -r option is not set, data is read from the first available Bluetooth device.
- -l <len>, --snap-len=<len>
- Sets max length of processed packets to len.
- -p <psm>, --psm=<psm>
- Sets default Protocol Service Multiplexer to psm.
- -m <compid>, --manufacturer=<compid>
- Sets default company id for manufacturer to compid.
- -w <file>, --save-dump=<file>
- Parse output is not printed to screen, instead data read from device is saved in file file. The saved dump file can be subsequently parsed with option -r.
- -r <file>, --read-dump=<file>
- Data is not read from a Bluetooth device, but from file file. file is created with option -t, --timestamp Prepend a time stamp to every packet.
- -a, --ascii
- For every packet, not only is the packet type displayed, but also all data in ASCII.
- -x, --hex
- For every packet, not only is the packet type displayed, but also all data in hex.
- -X, --ext
- For every packet, not only is the packet type displayed, but also all data in hex and ASCII.
- -R, --raw
- For every packet, only the raw data is displayed.
- -C, --cmtp=<psm>
- Sets the PSM value for the CAPI Message Transport Protocol.
- -H, --hcrp=<psm>
- Sets the PSM value for the Hardcopy Control Channel.
- -O, --obex=<channel>
- Sets the RFCOMM channel value for the Object Exchange Protocol.
- -P, --ppp=<channel>
- Sets the RFCOMM channel value for the Point-to-Point Protocol.
- -D, --pppdump=<file>
- Extract PPP traffic with pppdump format.
- -A, --audio=<file>
- Extract SCO audio data.
- -Y, --novendor
- Don't display any vendor commands or events and don't show any pin code or link key in plain text.
FILTERSfilter is a space-separated list of packet categories: available categories are lmp, hci, sco, l2cap, rfcomm, sdp, bnep, cmtp, hidp, hcrp, avdtp, avctp, obex, capi and ppp. If filters are used, only packets belonging to the specified categories are dumped. By default, all packets are dumped.
AUTHORSWritten by Maxim Krasnyansky <maxk [at] qualcomm.com> and Marcel Holtmann <marcel [at] holtmann.org>
man page by Fabrizio Gennari <fabrizio.gennari [at] philips.com>