ipa-addgroup (1) - Linux Man Pages
ipa-addgroup: Add a group
NAMEipa-addgroup - Add a group
SYNOPSISipa-addgroup [OPTION]... group
DESCRIPTIONAdds a group with name group.
- -d, --description=description
- Set the description of the group to description.
- -g, --gid=gid
- Set the gid for this group to gid. If this option is not present, one is created automatically by freeIPA.
- --addattr attr=value
- Adds value to attribute attr. Attributes set this way are done after other options. If an attribute is listed more than once or already exists in the entry, it is considered a multi-valued attribute and a list of the values is created.
- --setattr attr=value
- Set attribute attr to value. Any existing value will be replaced with value.
- -v, --verbose
- Display the XML-RPC request and response for more verbose debugging output.
The group name and description are mandatory fields. If either of these are not included on the command line you will be asked interactively.
EXIT STATUSThe exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error.