ipa-adduser (1) - Linux Man Pages
ipa-adduser: Add a user
NAMEipa-adduser - Add a user
SYNOPSISipa-adduser [OPTION]... user
DESCRIPTIONAdds a user with username user.
- -c, --gecos=gecos
- Set the SM]GECOS field to gecos. The SM]GECOS field is traditionally used to store user's real name and other information.
- -d, --directory=directory
- Set user's home directory to directory. If this option is not present, a default specified by the freeIPA configuration is used.
- -f, --firstname=givenName
- Set user's first name to givenName.
- -l, --lastname=familyName
- Set user's last name to familyName.
- -p, --password=password
- Set user's password to password.
- Prompt for the user's password.
- -s, --shell=shell
- Set the user's login shell to shell. If this option is not present, a default specified by the freeIPA configuration is used.
- -G, --groups=groups
- Add this user to one or more groups in groups. groups is a comma-separated list of groups. Each group must already exist.
- -k, --krb-principal=principal
- Set this user's principal to principal. By default the principal is set to user.
- -M, --mailAddress=mail
- Set this user's e-mail address to mail.
- --addattr attr=value
- Adds value to attribute attr. Attributes set this way are done after other options. If an attribute is listed more than once or already exists in the entry, it is considered a multi-valued attribute and a list of the values is created.
- --setattr attr=value
- Set attribute attr to value. Any existing value will be replaced with value.
- -v, --verbose
- Display the XML-RPC request and response for more verbose debugging output.
The mandatory fields are: user, first name and last name. If any of these are not included on the command line you will be asked interactively.
The password is asked interactively if not passed on the command-line but it isn't mandatory. Leaving both values blank will leave the password unset on the account.
EXIT STATUSThe exit status is 0 on success, nonzero on error.