ireminder (1) - Linux Man Pages
ireminder: Prayer time reminder
ireminder - Prayer time reminder
SYNOPSISireminder [-ipraytime path] [-skip event_name] [-reminder minutes] [-inplace] [-execr cmd] [-execs cmd] [-help]
DESCRIPTIONThe ireminder script is written in perl and is meant to be a simplistic wrapper to call and process the 'ipraytime' application. ireminder is used to remind the user via audio indicators of an impending Islamic prayer event.
OPTIONSSome of the options within ireminder allow for list inputs, those are meant to be a quoted series of text/numbers.
- -ipraytime path
- Specify the path to the ipraytime executable. Unless this options is specified, the script will default to look for the binary in /usr/bin, /usr/local/bin and the current directory.
- -skip event_name
- Specify name of prayer/event to skip, valid options include "imsaak fajr shorooq zuhr asr maghrib isha" (list ok).
- -reminder minutes
- Specify prior to how many minutes to remind (list ok).
- Specify to print output in-place (without scrolling).
- -execr cmd
- Specify an external application trigger for reminders. The %m directive is recognized and is substituted with the normal output message or string. The %s directive is recognized and is substituted by the salat's name.
- -execs cmd
- Specify an external application trigger for when the salat reaches its appointed time (ie. "salat now"). The %m directive is recognized and is substituted with the normal output message or string. The %s directive is recognized and is substituted by the salat's name.
- Produce a help screen.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs on the web using http://bugs.arabeyes.org
AUTHORWritten by Nadim Shaikli as part of the Arabeyes.org project.
COPYRIGHTiremidner is subject to the GNU General Public License (GPL).
Copyright © 2006, Arabeyes, Nadim Shaikli.
The ITL library (libitl) from the Islamic Tools and Libraries project. It is the underlying requirement for ireminder to function. The ITL library was created and is hosted at www.arabeyes.org.