marco (1) - Linux Man Pages
marco: The MATE Window Manager
Marco - The MATE Window Manager
DESCRIPTIONMarco is a minimal X window manager that uses GTK+ for drawing window frames. It is aimed at non-technical users and is designed to integrate well with the MATE desktop. Marco is a plain window manager for the adult in you; Many window managers are like Marshmallow Froot Loops, Marco is like Cheerios. It lacks some features that may be expected by traditional UNIX or other technical users; these users may want to investigate other available window managers for use with MATE or as a standalone window manager.
Marco supports several somewhat advanced but common features such as Window Shading/Roll-Up, Window/Edge Snapping, Vertical and Horizontal Maximize, Always-On-Top, Sloppy/Mouse Focus and Raising, and many more... Well, not a lot, but some more.
This manual page documents the marco command.
- -d, --display=DISPLAY
- X display to use.
Make X calls synchronous.
- Replace the currently running window manager with Marco.
- Disable the connection to the session manager.
- Specify a session management ID.
Restore from a session management savefile.
If no path is specified marco will look in ~/.config/mate-session/saved-session/
- -c, --composite
- Turn compositing ON. You may also use this option to start marco with composite "true transparency" effects.
- Turn compositing OFF. You may also use this option to start marco without compositing effects.
- Do not create fullscreen windows without decorations.
- Print current version information and exit.
- -?, -h, --help
- Print standard command line options.