mkcamlp5 (1) - Linux Man Pages
mkcamlp5: Pre-Precessor-Pretty-Printer for OCaml
NAMEcamlp5 - Pre-Precessor-Pretty-Printer for OCaml
mkcamlp5 - Create custom camlp5
mkcamlp5.opt - Create custom camlp5 (native code)
ocpp5 - Universal preprocessor
SYNOPSIScamlp5 [ load-options ] [--] [ other-options ]
camlp5o [ load-options ] [--] [ other-options ]
camlp5r [ load-options ] [--] [ other-options ]
camlp5sch [ load-options ] [--] [ other-options ]
ocpp5 [ load-options ] file
camlp5o.opt [--] [ other-options ]
camlp5r.opt [--] [ other-options ]
DESCRIPTIONcamlp5 is a Pre-Processor-Pretty-Printer for OCaml, parsing a source file and printing some result on standard output.
camlp5o, camlp5r and camlp5sch are versions of camlp5 with some files already loaded (see further).
camlp5o.cma, camlp5r.cma and camlp5sch.cma are files to be loaded in ocaml toplevel to use the camlp5 machinery
mkcamlp5 and mkcamlp5.opt creates camlp5 executables with almost the same options than ocamlmktop. See further.
ocpp5 is an universal preprocessor, treating any kind of source file, generating the same text with the possible quotations expanded.
camlp5o.opt and camlp5r.opt are versions of camlp5o and camlp5r compiled by the native-code compiler ocamlopt. They are faster but not extensible. And they are not available in all installations of camlp5.
The load options select parsing and printing actions recorded in OCaml object files (ending with .cmo or .cma). Several usage of these options are authorized. They must precede the other options.
An optionnal -- may end the load options.
- Add directory in the search path for files loaded. Unless the option -nolib is used, the camlp5 library directory is appended to the path. Warning: there is no automatic search in the current directory: add "-I ." for this.
- Print camlp5 library directory name and exit.
- No automatic search for objects files in camlp5 library directory.
The file is loaded in camlp5 core.
The others options are:
as an interface file if it ends with .mli and as an implementation file
if it ends with .ml.
- Treat file as an interface file, whatever its extension.
- Treat file as an implementation file, whatever its extension.
- Generate unsafe accesses to arrays and strings.
- Do not compile assertion checks.
- More verbose in parsing errors.
- Dump in file in case of syntax error in the result of a quotation expansion.
- Print the result on out-file instead of standard output. File is opened with open_out_bin (see OCaml library Pervasives).
- Print the version number and exit.
Print the available options and exit. This print includes the options
possibly added by the loaded object files.
The others options can be extended by loaded object files. The provided files add the following options:
- Added by pr_o.cmo and pr_r.cmo: set the line length (default 78).
- Added by pr_o.cmo and pr_r.cmo: print this string between phrases instead of comments.
- Added by pr_o.cmo: do not print double semicolons
- Added by pa_macro.cmo: define the ident.
Added by pa_macro.cmo: undefine the ident.
PROVIDED FILESThese files are installed in the directory /usr/lib64/ocaml/camlp5.
pa_r.cmo: revised syntax pa_rp.cmo: streams and parsers pa_lexer.cmo: lexers pa_o.cmo: normal syntax pa_op.cmo: streams and parsers pa_oop.cmo: streams and parsers (without code optimization) pa_scheme.cmo: scheme syntax pa_extend.cmo: syntax extension for grammars pa_extfold.cmo: extension of pa_extend with FOLD0 and FOLD1 pa_extfun.cmo: syntax extension for extensible functions pa_extprint.cmo: syntax extensions for extensible printers pa_pprintf.cmo: syntax extension for pprintf statement pa_fstream.cmo: syntax extension for functional streams pa_macro.cmo: add macros (ifdef, define) like in C pa_lefteval.cmo: left-to-right evaluation of parameters pa_pragma.cmo: directive #pragma
pr_r.cmo: revised syntax without objects and labels pr_ro.cmo: revised syntax for objects and labels pr_rp.cmo: try to rebuild streams and parsers syntax pr_o.cmo: normal syntax pr_op.cmo: try to rebuild streams and parsers syntax pr_scheme.cmo: Scheme syntax pr_schemep.cmo: try to rebuild streams and parsers syntax pr_extend.cmo: try to rebuild EXTEND statements pr_extfun.cmo: try to rebuild extfun statements pr_extprint.cmo: try to rebuild EXTEND_PRINTER statements pr_dump.cmo: dump syntax tree for ocaml compiler pr_depend.cmo: file dependencies pr_null.cmo: no output
q_MLast.cmo: syntax tree nodes (in revised syntax) q_ast.cmo: syntax tree nodes in user full syntax q_phony.cmo: keeping quotations for pretty printing
The command camlp5o is a shortcut for:
camlp5 pa_o.cmo pa_op.cmo pr_dump.cmo
The command camlp5r is a shortcut for:
camlp5 pa_r.cmo pa_rp.cmo pr_dump.cmo
The command camlp5sch is a shortcut for:
camlp5 pa_scheme.cmo pr_dump.cmo
The file camlp5o.cma can be loaded in the toplevel to start camlp5 with OCaml syntax.
The file camlp5r.cma can be loaded in the toplevel to start camlp5 with revised syntax.
The file camlp5sch.cma can be loaded in the toplevel to start camlp5 with Scheme syntax.
mkcamlp5 and mkcamlp5.opt creates camlp5 executables with almost the same options than ocamlmktop. The version mkcamlp5.opt can create native code executables, faster but not extensible.
For mkcamlp5, the interfaces to be visible must be explicitly added in the command line as ".cmi" files. For example, how to add the the OCaml module "str":
mkcamlp5 -custom str.cmi str.cma -cclib -lstr -o camlp5str
The following environment variable is also consulted:
Set the grammars parsing algorithm parameters.
This variable must be a sequence of parameter specifications.
A parameter specification is a letter optionally followed by an =
and a value. There are four possible parameters:
- Set the backtrack algorithm as default.
- Trace symbols (terminals and non-terminals) while parsing with backtracking.
- In backtracking, trace the advance in the input stream (number of unfrozen tokens) and the possible stalling (number of tokens tests).
- Set the maximum stalling value.
FILESLibrary directory of camlp5 in the present installation:
AUTHORDaniel de Rauglaudre, INRIA Rocquencourt.