mogilefsd (1) - Linux Man Pages
mogilefsd: MogileFS tracker daemon
mogilefsd -- MogileFS tracker daemon
USAGEThis is the main MogileFS daemon, mogilefsd, also called the ``tracker''. All interaction with a MogileFS installation begins by a client talking to a tracker (you should run several in parallel for redundancy).
ProcessesThe mogilefsd daemon is an event-loop in the parent process, handling with epoll/kqueue/etc (see Danga::Socket) tons of client connections, while managing a bunch of worker processes underneath.
The worker processes under mogilefsd include:
- Client query processing --- implements the MogileFS client/server protocol
- See MogileFS::Worker::Query.
- Monitoring --- monitors hosts and devices
- See MogileFS::Worker::Monitor.
- Replicate --- replicates files
- See MogileFS::Worker::Replicate.
- Deleter --- deletes files from storage nodes (protocol deletes from namespace are immediate)
- See MogileFS::Worker::Delete.
- Reaper --- re-enqueues files for replication when disks are marked dead
- See MogileFS::Worker::Reaper.
- Checker/Fsck --- background filesystem consistency checker
- See MogileFS::Worker::Checker.
Data StorageSee MogileFS::Store.
AUTHORSBrad Fitzpatrick <brad [at] danga.com>
Mark Smith <junior [at] danga.com>
Copyright 2004, Danga Interactive Copyright 2005-2006, Six Apart Ltd.
LICENSESame terms as Perl itself. Artistic/GPLv2, at your choosing.
SEE ALSOmogstored --- MogileFS storage daemon
Linux man pages generated by: SysTutorials
Linux Man Pages Copyright Respective Owners. Site Copyright © SysTutorials. All Rights Reserved.