odfmeta (1) - Linux Man Pagesodfmeta - List or change the metadata of an ODF file
odfmeta [-l] [-v] [-V] [-c] [-d] [-x
metafield...] [-X metafield...] [-a metafield...] [-A metafield...] [-I metafield...] [-o path] path
- List (extract) all known metadata fields.
-v or -V
- Print the version number of the ODF document format. If you use -V it will print "version:" before the number for compatibility with -X. The version number can't be modified.
- Make field values continous by normalizing white space. Might be convenient when postprocessing with standard (line oriented) text utilities.
- Update the modification date to the current date and time.
- Extract the contents of this metafield from the file. Known field names are creation-date, creator, date, description, editing-cycles, editing-duration, generator, initial-creator, keyword, language, print-date, printed-by, subject, title, user-defined. All other names are assumed to be user defined.
- Same as -x, but also preserves/includes the field name.
- Append a custom metafield to the metadata; but only if a similar field does not exist yet.
- Append a custom metafield to the metadata in any case.
- Append a custom metafield to the metadata and remove any existing similar field.
- Filename to write modified ODT file to. If no -o option is provided, the ODT file will be written to stdout.
odfmeta -l odf-file.odt odfmeta -I "title:The Little Engine That Could" -A subject:I-think-I-can -o newfile.odt source.odt
All known versions of OpenOffice.org keep only four <meta:user-defined> elements. If you add more than those, you'll loose them next time you save with OpenOffice.org. KOffice keeps only one <meta:keyword> element.
- Original author