opensc-explorer (1) - Linux Man Pages
opensc-explorer: generic interactive utility for accessing smart card and similar security token functions
opensc-explorer - generic interactive utility for accessing smart card and similar security token functions
The opensc-explorer utility can be used interactively to perform miscellaneous operations such as exploring the contents of or sending arbitrary APDU commands to a smart card or similar security token.
The following are the command-line options for opensc-explorer. There are additional interactive commands available once it is running.
--reader num, -r num
- Use the given reader number. The default is 0, the first reader in the system.
--card-driver driver, -c driver
- Use the given card driver. The default is auto-detected.
- Causes opensc-explorer to be more verbose. Specify this flag several times to enable debug output in the opensc library.
The following commands are supported at the opensc-explorer interactive prompt.
- list all files in the current DF
- change to another DF specified by file-id
- print the contents of the currently selected EF
- display attributes of a file specified by file-id. If file-id is not supplied, the attributes of the current file are printed.
create file-id size
- create a new EF. file-id specifies the id number and size is the size of the new file.
- remove the EF or DF specified by file-id
verify key-typekey-id [key]
present a PIN or key to the card. Where
can be one of CHV, KEY or PRO.
is a number representing the key or PIN number.
is the key or PIN to be verified in hex.
Example: verify CHV0 31:32:33:34:00:00:00:00
change CHVid [old-pin] new-pin
change a PIN
Example: change CHV0 31:32:33:34:00:00:00:00 'secret'
put file-id [input]
- copy a local file to the card. The local file is specified by input while the card file is specified by file-id
get file-id [output]
- copy an EF to a local file. The local file is specified by output while the card file is specified by file-id.
mkdir file-id size
- create a DF. file-id specifies the id number and size is the size of the new file.
- create a public key signature. NOTE: This command is currently not implemented.
- perform a public key decryption. NOTE: This command is currently not implemented.
- erase the card, if the card supports it.
- exit the program