osinfo-db-export (1) - Linux Manuals
osinfo-db-export: Export to a osinfo database archive
osinfo-db-export - Export to a osinfo database archive
SYNOPSISosinfo-db-export [OPTIONS...] [ARCHIVE-FILE]
DESCRIPTIONThe osinfo-db-export tool will create an osinfo database archive file containing the content from one of the standard local database locations:
- This is the primary system-wide database location, intended for use by operating system vendors distributing database files in the native package format.
- This is the secondary system-wide database location, intended for use by system administrators wishing to provide an updated database for all users.
- This is the user private database location, intended for use by unprivileged local users wishing to provide applications they use with an updated database.
If run by a privileged account (ie root), the local database location will be used by default, otherwise the user location will be used.
- Override the default behaviour to force archiving files from the user database location.
- Override the default behaviour to force archiving files from the local database location.
- Override the default behaviour to force archiving files from the system database location.
- Override the default behaviour to force archiving files from the custom directory PATH.
- Prefix the database location with the root directory given by "PATH". This is useful when wishing to archive files that are in a chroot environment or equivalent.
- Set the version string for the files in the archive to VERSION. If this argument is not given, the version will be set to the current date in the format YYYYMMDD.
- Add "LICENSE-FILE" to the generated archive as an entry named ``LICENSE''.
- -v, --verbose
- Display verbose progress information when archiving files
EXIT STATUSThe exit status will be 0 if all files were packed successfully, or 1 if at least one file could not be packed into the archive.
AUTHORSDaniel P. Berrange <berrange [at] redhat.com>
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2016 Red Hat, Inc.
LICENSE"osinfo-db-export" is distributed under the terms of the GNU LGPL v2+ license. This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE