perf-buildid-cache (1) - Linux Man Pages
perf-buildid-cache: Manage build-id cache.
perf-buildid-cache - Manage build-id cache.
perf buildid-cache <options>
- Add specified file to the cache.
- Add specified kcore file to the cache. For the current host that is /proc/kcore which requires root permissions to read. Be aware that running perf buildid-cache as root may update root's build-id cache not the user's. Use the -v option to see where the file is created. Note that the copied file contains only code sections not the whole core image. Note also that files "kallsyms" and "modules" must also be in the same directory and are also copied. All 3 files are created with read permissions for root only. kcore will not be added if there is already a kcore in the cache (with the same build-id) that has the same modules at the same addresses. Use the -v option to see if a copy of kcore is actually made.
- Remove specified file from the cache.
- List missing build ids in the cache for the specified file.
- Update specified file of the cache. It can be used to update kallsyms kernel dso to vmlinux in order to support annotation.
- Be more verbose.