pidof (1) - Linux Man Pages
pidof: find the process ID of a running program.
NAMEpidof -- find the process ID of a running program.
SYNOPSISpidof [-s] [-c] [-x] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]] [-o omitpid[,omitpid..]..] program [program..]
DESCRIPTIONPidof finds the process id's (pids) of the named programs. It prints those id's on the standard output.
- Single shot - this instructs the program to only return one pid.
- Only return process ids that are running with the same root directory. This option is ignored for non-root users, as they will be unable to check the current root directory of processes they do not own.
- Scripts too - this causes the program to also return process id's of shells running the named scripts.
- -o omitpid
- Tells pidof to omit processes with that process id. The special pid %PPID can be used to name the parent process of the pidof program, in other words the calling shell or shell script.
- At least one program was found with the requested name.
No program was found with the requested name.
AUTHORJaromir Capik <jcapik [at] redhat.com>