rhythmbox-client (1) - Linux Man Pages
rhythmbox-client: controls a running instance of rhythmbox
rhythmbox-client - controls a running instance of rhythmbox
DESCRIPTIONrhythmbox-client is a tool for controlling an already running instance of rhythmbox. It's useful for remote control scripting, adding specific files to the library from the shell, or printing details of what's playing. It also has an interactive mode, useful for controlling playback remotely via ssh. Any files specified after the option arguments will be added to the library. If the --enqueue option is given, the files will also be added to the play queue.
- Show help options
- Enable debug output
- Do not start a new instance of rhythmbox
- Quit rhythmbox
- Start interactive mode --no-present Don't present an existing rhythmbox window
- Jump to next song
- Jump to previous song
- Resume playback if currently paused
- Pause playback if currently playing
- Toggle play/pause mode
- Stop playback if currently playing
- Play a specified URI, importing it if necessary
- Add specified tracks already in the library to the play queue
- Empty the play queue before adding new tracks
- Print the title and artist of the playing song
- Print formatted details of the song (see FORMAT OPTIONS below).
- Set the playback volume
- Increase the playback volume
- Decrease the playback volume
- Print the current playback volume
- Select the source corresponding to a URI (device or mount point)
- Select the source corresponding to a URI (device or mount point) and start playing from it if not already playing.
- Select the source corresponding to a URI (device or mount point) and start playing from it.
- album title
- album artist
- album artist (lowercase)
- album artist sortname
- album artist sortname (lowercase)
- album year
- album genre
- album genre (lowercase)
- album disc number
- album disc number, zero padded
- stream title
- track number (i.e 8)
- track number, zero padded (i.e 08)
- track title
- track artist
- track artist (lowercase)
- track artist sortname
- track artist sortname (lowercase)
- track duration
- track elapsed time
- Variables can be combined using quotes. For example "%tn %aa %tt", will print the track number followed by the artist and the title of the track.
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa [at] whiz.se>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others).