root-config (1) - Linux Man Pages
root-config: ROOT utility for your Makefiles
root-config - ROOT utility for your Makefiles
DESCRIPTIONPut lines like
CFLAGS = $(shell root-config --cflags) LIBS = $(shell root-config --libs) GLIBS = $(shell root-config --glibs) %Cint.cxx:Include.h LinkDef.h rootcint -f $@ -c $^
You may also find the automake(1), autoconf(1), and libtool(1) macro file /usr/share/aclocal/root.m4 useful. If that macro file isn't installed where Iaclocal will find it, copy the contents to your local acinclude.m4 file. In the directories you use ROOT libraries, have in your Makefile.am file:
lib_LTLIBRARIES = libFoo.la pkginclude_HEADERS = Foo.h noinst_HEADERS = FooCint.h libFoo_la_SOURCES = Foo.cxx FooCint.cxx libFoo_la_LDFLAGS = -version-info 1:0 -R @ROOTLIBDIR@ libFoo_la_LDADD = -lCore -lCint @ROOTAUXLIBS@ BUILT_SOURCES = FooCint.cxx FooCint.h AM_CPPFLAGS = -I [at] ROOTINCDIR@ AM_LDFLAGS = -L [at] ROOTLIBDIR@ CLEANFILES = *Cint.cxx *Cint.h *~ core %Cint.cxx %Cint.h:Include.h LinkDef.h @ROOTCINT@ -f $*Cint.cxx -c $(INCLUDES) $(AM_CPPFLAGS) $^
AC_PROG_CC AC_PROG_CXX ROOT_PATH AM_PROG_LIBTOOL
Note that the ROOT_PATH macro takes three optional arguments: the minimal ROOT version to use, action if ROOT is found, and action if ROOT isn't found. Some examples are
ROOT_PATH(3.03/05, , AC_MSG_ERROR(Your ROOT version is too old)) ROOT_PATH(, AC_DEFUN(HAVE_ROOT))
ROOT_PATH(, [ AC_DEFUN(HAVE_ROOT) have_root=yes ]) AM_CONDITIONAL(GOT_ROOT, test "x$have_root" = "xyes")
EXTRA_SOURCES = root_depenent_source.cc if GOT_ROOT LIBFOOXTRA = root_depenent_source.cc else LIBFOOXTRA = endif lib_LTLIBRARIES = libFoo.la libFoo_la_SOURCES = Foo.cc $(LIBFOOXTRA)
- full path to root-config
- full path to root
- full path to rootcint
- Where the ROOT libraries are
- Where the ROOT headers are
- Extra compiler flags
- ROOT basic libraries
- ROOT basic + GUI libraries
- Auxilary libraries and linker flags for ROOT
- Auxilary compiler flags
- Same as ROOTLIBDIR
- Gives a short list of options available, and exit
- Report the version number of installed ROOT, and exit.
- If no arguments is given, reports where ROOT is installed. With an argument of =<prefix>, set the base of the subsequent options to <prefix>. If \--exec-prefix is passedwith an argument, that argument overrides the argument given to \--prefix for the library path.
- If no argument is given, report where the libraries are installed. If an argument is given, use that as the installation base directory for the libraries. This option does not affect the include path.
- Print the directory where the ROOT libraries are installed.
- Print the directory where the ROOT headers are installed.
- Output a line suitable for linking a program agains the ROOT libraries. No graphics libraries are output.
- As above, but also output for the graphics libraries.
- Output a line suitable for compiling a source file againd the ROOT header (class declararion) files.
- Put the libNew.so library in the library lists. This option must be given before options --libs and --glibs.
- Compatiblity option. Does nothing.
- Print auxiliary libraries and/or system linker flags.
- Do not print auxiliary libraries and/or system linker flags in the output of --libs and --glibs. --auxcflags Print auxiliary compiler flags.
- Do not print auxiliary compiler flags in the output of --cflags.
- Do not print library path link option in output of --libs and --glibs.
ORIGINAL AUTHORSThe ROOT team (see web page above):
- Rene Brun and Fons Rademakers
COPYRIGHTThis library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
AUTHORThis manual page was written by Christian Holm Christensen <cholm [at] nbi.dk>, for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others).