sfcbrepos (1) - Linux Man Pages
sfcbrepos: Script to rebuild the Small-Footprint CIM Broker (sfcb) class repository
NAMEsfcbrepos - Script to rebuild the Small-Footprint CIM Broker (sfcb) class repository
DESCRIPTIONsfcbrepos rebuilds the sfcb class repository from the staging files. Rebuilding is done offline and the sfcb CIMOM must be restarted for changes to take effect.
OPTIONSSupported command line options are:
- -c schemadir
- Path to obtain the CIM Schema classes. Default is /usr/share/mof/cim-current
- -s stagingdir
- Path to sfcb staging area containing class MOFs and registration files Default is /var/lib/sfcb/stage
- -r registrationdir
- Path to the sfcb registration directory, containing the root of the class repository directory tree. Default is /var/lib/sfcb/registration
- Force option. Without this option you will be prompted to confirm creating a new class repository (and delete the old one). Setting this option will rebuild the new sfcb repository without prompting.
- Do not migrate instances from previous repository
- -b backendopts
- Set special backend options for sfcbmof. Valid options are: P32 - compile for PowerPC target; Q - skip qualifiers in output file; q - skip Description, ValueMap, and Values qualifiers in output file. Note: eliminating qualifiers will often significantly reduce the size of the class repository.
- -X platform
- Alias of -b
- Display usage information and exit.
- CIM Schema
- Contains registration data for all installed providers.
- Contains registration data for all installed providers from previous time sfcbrepos was run. This can be used to restore an earlier class repository in case sfcbrepos generates a corrupt one.
- Contain class repository directory for all supported CIM namespaces.
- Contain class repository directory for all supported CIM namespaces from the previous time sfcbrepos was run. This can be used to restore an earlier class repository in case sfcbrepos generates a corrupt one.
- Class data for a namespace.
- Registration data for the default built-in sfcb internal providers.
- Dummy classes used to added CIM indication support to the default interop namespace.
- Class definitions for all installed providers.
- Registration info for all installed providers.
- If set, the value of this variable is prepended to the registration directory names. This can be useful to store the repository in a different location, i.e. when cross-compiling providers.
AUTHORAdrian Schuur <schuur [at] de.ibm.com>
The SBLIM project maintains a mailing list to which you should direct all questions regarding sfcb, sfcc, wbemcli, or any of the SBLIM providers. To subscribe to this mailing list visit
The SBLIM Project Bug tracking page can be found at