slim (1) - Linux Man Pages
slim: Simple LogIn Manager
NAMEslim - Simple LogIn Manager
slim [options] [<arguments>]
DESCRIPTIONSLiM is a lightweight login manager for X11, allowing the initialization of a graphical session by entring username and password in a login screen.
- run as a daemon
- -p /path/to/theme
- display a preview of the theme. An already running X11 session is required for theme preview.
- display a brief help message
- display version information
- slim -d
- run slim in daemon mode
- slim -p /usr/share/slim/themes/default
- preview of the default theme
STARTING SLIM AT BOOTPlease refer to documentation of your Operating System to make slim automatically startup after the system boots.
CONFIGURATIONGlobal configuration is stored in the /etc/slim.conf file. See the comments inside the file for a detailed explanation of the options.
USAGE AND SPECIAL USERNAMESWhen started, slim will show a login panel; enter the username and password of the user you want to login as.
- open a xterm console
- quit slim
- shutdown the machine
- reboot the machine
- power-suspend the machine
See the configuration file for customizing the above commands. The 'halt' and 'reboot' commands need the root password, this may change in future releases.
- executes a custom command (by default takes a screenshot)
- choose session type (see configuration file and xinitrc.sample)
AUTHORSSimone Rota <sip [at] varlock.com>
SEE ALSOSee the online documentation at the SLiM web site for further information on themes, FAQs, etc.
Linux man pages generated by: SysTutorials
Linux Man Pages Copyright Respective Owners. Site Copyright © SysTutorials. All Rights Reserved.