torsocks (1) - Linux Man Pages
torsocks: Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the torsocks(8) library to
torsocks --- Shell wrapper to simplify the use of thetorsocks(8) library to transparently torify an application.
torsocks [OPTIONS] [COMMAND [ARG ...]]
torsocks is a wrapper between the torsocks library and the application in order to make every Internet communication go through the Tor network.
By default, torsocks will assume that it should connect to the Tor SOCKS proxy running at 127.0.0.1 on port 9050 being the defaults of the Tor daemon.
In order to use a configuration file, torsocks tries to read the /etc/tor/torsocks.conf file or look for the environment variable TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE with the location of the file. If that file cannot be read, torsocks will use sensible defaults for most Tor installations.
For further information on configuration, see torsocks.conf(5).
- -h, --help
- Show summary of possible options and commands.
- Create a new shell with LD_PRELOAD including torsocks(8).
- Show version.
- -u, --user
- Set username for the SOCKS5 authentication. Use for circuit isolation in Tor. Note that you MUST have a password set either by the command line, environment variable or configuration file (torsocks.conf(5).
- -p, --pass
- Set password for the SOCKS5 authentication. Use for circuit isolation in Tor. Note that you MUST have a username set either by the command line, environment variable or configuration file (torsocks.conf(5)).
- -i, --isolate
- Automatic tor isolation. Set the username and password for the SOCKS5 authentication method to a PID/current time based value automatically. Username and Password MUST NOT be set.
- -d, --debug
- Activate the debug mode. Output will be written on stderr.
- on | off
This option adds or removes torsocks(8) from the LD_PRELOAD environment
variable for the current shell. If you want to use this option, you HAVE to
source torsocks from your shell.
Add the torsocks library to LD_PRELOAD $ . torsocks on
Remove the torsocks library from LD_PRELOAD $ . torsocks off
- show | sh
Show the current value of the LD_PRELOAD environment variable.
Please see torsocks(8) for more detail on possible environment variables.
SEE ALSOtorsocks(8), torsocks.conf(5)
torsocks is distributed under the GNU General Public License version 2.
A Web site is available at https://www.torproject.org for more information.
You can also find the source code at https://git.torproject.org.
Mailing list for help is <tor-talk [at] lists.torproject.org> and for development use <tor-dev [at] lists.torproject.org>. You can find the project also on IRC server irc.oftc.net (OFTC) in #tor and #tor-dev.
AUTHORtorsocks was originally written by Robert Hogan and has been rewritten by David Goulet <dgoulet [at] torproject.org> in 2013.
Linux man pages generated by: SysTutorials