wdiff2 (1) - Linux Manuals
wdiff2: manual page for wdiff 1.2.2
NAMEwdiff - manual page for wdiff 1.2.2
SYNOPSISwdiff2 [,OPTION/]... ,FILE1 FILE2/
DESCRIPTIONwdiff - Compute word differences by internally launching `mdiff -W'. This program exists mainly to support the now oldish `wdiff' syntax.
Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.
- -C, --copyright
- display copyright then exit
- -1, --no-deleted
- inhibit output of deleted words
- -2, --no-inserted
- inhibit output of inserted words
- -3, --no-common
- inhibit output of common words
- -a, --auto-pager
- automatically calls a pager
- -h, --help
- display this help then exit
- -i, --ignore-case
- fold character case while comparing
- -l, --less-mode
- variation of printer mode for "less"
- -n, --avoid-wraps
- do not extend fields through newlines
- -p, --printer
- overstrike as for printers
- -q, --quiet
- inhibit the `mdiff' call message
- -s, --statistics
- say how many words deleted, inserted etc.
- -t, --terminal
- use termcap as for terminal displays
- -v, --version
- display program version then exit
- -w, --start-delete=,STRING/
- string to mark beginning of delete region
- -x, --end-delete=,STRING/
- string to mark end of delete region
- -y, --start-insert=,STRING/
- string to mark beginning of insert region
- -z, --end-insert=,STRING/
- string to mark end of insert region
This program also tells how `mdiff' could have been called directly.
AUTHORWritten by Franc,ois Pinard <pinard [at] iro.umontreal.ca>.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to <wdiff-bugs [at] gnu.org>.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 1997, 1998, 1999 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is NO warranty; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
SEE ALSOThe full documentation for wdiff is maintained as a Texinfo manual. If the info and wdiff programs are properly installed at your site, the command
- info wdiff
should give you access to the complete manual.