xrestop (1) - Linux Man Pages
xrestop: monitor server resources used by X11 clients
NAMExrestop - monitor server resources used by X11 clients
xrestop [ --display display ] [ --batch ] [ --delay-time seconds ] [ --max-samples count ]
DESCRIPTIONXrestop uses the X-Resource extension to provide 'top'-like statistics of each connected X11 client's server-side resource usage. It is intended as a developer tool to aid more efficient server resource usage and debug server-side resource leakage.
- Show usage.
- --display, -d <display>
- Specify X11 display to monitor.
- --delay-time, -t <seconds>
- Time in seconds between taking samples. Default is 2 seconds.
- --batch, -b
Run in batch mode. Slightly more detailed infomation is streamed to
stdout rather than the usual curses interface. This mode is intended
for debugging a single client with something like
xrestop -b | grep -A 14 appname
- --max-samples, -m <count>
- Specify number of times to gather and display results. Default is continuous, which can be set with 0 (zero).
BUGSThe X-Resource extension is very new and may not be 100% accurate.
AUTHORxrestop was written by Matthew Allum <mallum [at] handhelds.org>.