ncl_c_csa1s (3) - Linux Man Pages
ncl_c_csa1s: cubic spline approximation, simple entry for one-dimensional input
NAMEc_csa1s - cubic spline approximation, simple entry for one-dimensional input
float *c_csa1s(int, float , float , int, int, float , int *);
float *c_csa1s(int n, float xi, float yi, int knots,
int m, float xo, int *ier);
- (integer,input) The number of input data points. It must be that n is greater than 3 and, depending on the size of knots below, n may have to be larger.
- (real, input) An array dimensioned for n containing the abscissae for the input function.
- (real, input) An array dimensioned for n containing the functional values of the input function -- yi[k] is the functional value at xi[k] for k=0,n-1.
- (integer, input) The number of knots to be used in constructing the approximation spline. knots must be at least 4. The larger the value for knots, the closer the approximated curve will come to passing through the input function values.
- (integer, input) The number of values to be calculated for the output curve.
- (real, input) An array dimensioned for m containing the X coordinates of the output curve.
- (pointer to integer, output) An error return value. If *ier is returned as 0, then no errors were detected. If *ier is non-zero, then refer to the error list in the error table for details.
USAGEc_csa1s is called to find an approximating cubic spline for one-dimensional input data. If you want to weight the input data values, calculate derivatives, or handle data sparse areas specially, then you will need to use c_csa1xs.
ACCESSTo use c_csa1s, load the NCAR Graphics library ngmath.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2000
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
The use of this Software is governed by a License Agreement.
SEE ALSOcsagrid, c_csa1xs, c_csa1ls, c_csa1lxs
Complete documentation for Csagrid is available at URL