ncl_c_ftkurvpd (3) - Linux Manuals
ncl_c_ftkurvpd: interpolation and derivative calculation for closed parametric curves
NAMEc_ftkurvpd - interpolation and derivative calculation for closed parametric curves
FUNCTION PROTOTYPEint c_ftkurvpd (int, float , float , int, float ,
SYNOPSISint c_ftkurvpd (n, xi, yi, m, t, xo, yo, xd, yd, xdd, ydd);
- The number of input data points. (n > 1)
- An array containing the abscissae for the input function.
- An array containing the functional values (y[k] is the functional value at x[k] for k=0,n).
- The number of desired interpolated points.
- Contains an array of values for the parameter mapping onto the interpolated curve. Any interval [tt,tt+1.] maps onto the entire curve.
- An array containing the X values for the interpolated points. t[k] maps to (xo[k],yo[k]) for k=0,n-1.
- An array containing the Y values for the interpolated points.
- Contains the first derivatives of the X component with respect to t.
- Contains the first derivatives of the Y component with respect to t.
- Contains the second derivatives of the X component with respect to t.
- Contains the second derivatives of the Y component with respect to t.
RETURN VALUEc_ftkurvpd returns an error value as per:
= 0 -- no error.
= 1 -- if n is less than 2.
= 2 -- if adjacent coordinate pairs coincide.
USAGEThis procedure behaves like ftkurvp except that in addition it returns the first and second derivatives of the component functions in the parameterization.
Given a sequence of distinct input points ( (x,y), ... , (x[n-1],y[n-1]), the interpolated curve is parameterized by mapping points in the interval [0.,1.] onto the interpolated curve. The resulting curve has a parametric representation both of whose components are splines under tension and functions of the polygonal arc length. The value 0. is mapped onto (x,y) and the value 1. is mapped onto (x,y) as well (completing the closed curve).
c_ftkurvpd is called after all of the desired values for control parameters have been set using the procedures c_ftseti, c_ftsetr, c_ftsetc. The only control parameter that applies to c_ftkurvpd is: sig.
The value for the parameter sig specifies the tension factor. Values near zero result in a cubic spline; large values (e.g. 50) result in nearly a polygonal line. A typical value is 1. (the default).
ACCESSTo use c_ftkurvpd, load the NCAR Graphics library ngmath.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 2000
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
The use of this Software is governed by a License Agreement.
SEE ALSOfitgrid_params, c_ftseti, c_ftsetr, c_ftsetc.
Complete documentation for Fitgrid is available at URL