ncl_hstopl (3) - Linux Man Pages
ncl_hstopl: Turns options off and on for the Histogram utility.
HSTOPL - Turns options off and on for the Histogram utility.
SYNOPSISCALL HSTOPL (STRING)
C-BINDING SYNOPSIS#include <ncarg/ncargC.h>
Character, input -- Selects an internal parameter. The
The following options are defined by this subroutine:
- The histogram bars are drawn horizontally if 'HOR=ON', vertically if 'HOR=OFF'. The default is 'HOR=OFF'.
If 'PER=ON', a labeled percent axis is drawn on the
right side of the histogram (top if 'HOR=ON'.)
If 'PER=OFF', no percent axis is drawn.
The default is 'PER=ON'.
This places a second axis on the opposite side of the frame from the normal frequency axis.
- If 'MID=ON', class labels are placed at the midpoint of each class interval. If 'MID=OFF', the class interval end points are labeled. (MID defaults to ON if IFLAG = 2 or 3.) The default is 'MID=ON'.
If 'SHA=ON', the histogram bars are shaded.
If 'SHA=OFF', the bars are not shaded.
The default is 'SHA=ON'.
Devices will vary as to how they interpret shading.
- If 'DRL=ON', lines are drawn through the histogram bars where Y-axis tick marks would occur. When comparing two datasets (IFLAG=3), lines are only drawn through the bars associated with the first dataset. If 'DRL=OFF', no lines are drawn. The default is 'DRL=OFF'.
- If 'MED=ON', a line is drawn through the median value of all points. If 'MED=OFF', this line is not drawn. MED does not apply when assigning Y-values to X-values; it is valid only for IFLAG = 1 or 2. The default is 'MED=OFF'.
- If 'NMV=ON', histogram bar percentages will be calculated with respect to the number of input data values (NPTS) minus the number of detected missing values (MISS), or NMVA = NPTS - MISS. If 'NMV=OFF', histogram bar percentages will be normalized to NPTS.
- If 'PMV=ON', missing value counts will be written on the plot. If 'NMV=OFF', they will not.
- If 'PRM=ON', a perimeter is drawn around the histogram. If 'PRM=OFF', no perimeter is drawn. The default is 'PRM=OFF'.
- If 'FRA=ON', the frame is advanced automatically after the histogram is drawn. If 'FRA=OFF', the frame is not advanced, and the user must call FRAME. The default is 'FRA=ON'.
- If 'LIS=ON', all the options along with their values are printed on the standard output. If 'LIS=OFF', nothing is printed on the standard output. The default is 'LIS=OFF'.
- If 'DEF=ON', ALL the options are reset to their default values. 'DEF=OFF' has no effect. All parameters begin at their default values.
C-BINDING DESCRIPTIONThe C-binding argument descriptions are the same as the FORTRAN argument descriptions.
USAGEHSTOPL is called to toggle histogram options before entry HISTGR is called to generate the histogram.
EXAMPLESUse the command "ncargex thstgr" to generate a three frame example of various types of histograms. "ncargex thstmv" will show three examples of histograms with missing values in the input data.
ACCESSTo use HSTOPL or c_hstopl, load the NCAR Graphics libraries ncarg, ncarg_gks, and ncarg_c, preferably in that order.
MESSAGESSee the histogram man page for a description of all Histogram error messages and/or informational messages.
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 1987-2009
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
The use of this Software is governed by a License Agreement.