ncl_ngdots (3) - Linux Man Pages
ncl_ngdots: Draws filled circular dots at coordinate positions
NGDOTS - Draws filled circular dots at coordinate positions (X(I),Y(I),I=1,NUM) at size SIZE with color given by the color index ICOLOR.
C-BINDING SYNOPSIS#include <ncarg/ncargC.h>
- (an input array of type REAL) defining the X world coordinates where a sequence of circular filled dots is to be drawn.
- (an input array of type REAL) defining the Y world coordinates where a sequence of circular filled dots is to be drawn.
- (an input parameter of type INTEGER) the value of which is the number of dots to be drawn.
- (an input parameter of type REAL) the value of which is the size, in world coordinate Y-axis units, of the diameter of each dot to be drawn.
- (an input parameter of type INTEGER) the value of which is the GKS color index specifying what color the dots will be.
C-BINDING DESCRIPTIONThe C binding argument descriptions are the same as the FORTRAN argument descriptions.
USAGEThe coordinates must be world coordinates and not user coordinates. NGDOTS does not respect the log scaling or axis reversal options of the SET call and will report a warning if these are not set to their default values.
The dots are scaled appropriately so that they will be circular when the normalization transformation does not preserve aspect ratio.
The algorithm is to construct a single circle and then translate it to the various coordinate positions. The original circle is computed by using trig functions to get points in the first octant, and then using symmetries to get the rest of the points on the circle.
EXAMPLESAssuming that normalization transformation 0 is in effect and that color index 2 has been defined as red in a call to GSCR, then
CALL NGDOTS(.5,.25,1,.1,2)would draw a single red dot at world coordinate position (.5,.25) with a diameter of .1 .
ACCESSTo use NGDOTS or c_ngdots, load the NCAR Graphics libraries ncarg, ncarg_gks, and ncarg_c, preferably in that order.
MESSAGESWarning messages will be issued if one calls NGDOTS after having called SET with any final argument other than "1".
COPYRIGHTCopyright (C) 1987-2009
University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
The use of this Software is governed by a License Agreement.
SEE ALSOOnline: gpm(3NCARG), point(3NCARG), points(3NCARG), set(3NCARG), ncarg_cbind(3NCARG)
Online URL: http://ngwww.ucar.edu/ngdoc/ng/gks/gkshome.html