rdma_post_readv (3) - Linux Man Pages
rdma_post_readv: post an RDMA read work request.
NAMErdma_post_readv - post an RDMA read work request.
- A reference to a communication identifier where the request will be posted.
- User-defined context associated with the request.
- A scatter-gather list of the destination buffers of the read.
- The number of scatter-gather array entries.
- Optional flags used to control the read operation.
- The address of the remote registered memory to read from.
- The registered memory key associated with the remote address.
DESCRIPTIONPosts a work request to the send queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The contents of the remote memory region will be read into the local data buffers.
RETURN VALUEReturns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason.
NOTESFor a list of supported flags, see ibv_post_send. Both the remote and local data buffers must have been registered before the read is issued, and the buffers must remain registered until the read completes.
Read operations may not be posted to an rdma_cm_id or the corresponding queue pair until it has been connected.