rdma_post_ud_send (3) - Linux Man Pages
rdma_post_ud_send: post a work request to send a datagram.
NAMErdma_post_ud_send - post a work request to send a datagram.
- A reference to a communication identifier where the message buffer will be posted.
- User-defined context associated with the request.
- The address of the memory buffer to post.
- The length of the memory buffer.
- Optional registered memory region associated with the posted buffer.
- Optional flags used to control the send operation.
- An address handle describing the address of the remote node.
- The number of the destination queue pair.
DESCRIPTIONPosts a work request to the send queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The contents of the posted buffer will be sent to the specified destination queue pair.
RETURN VALUEReturns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason.
NOTESThe user is responsible for ensuring that the destination queue pair has queued a receive request before issuing the send operations. For a list of supported flags, see ibv_post_send. Unless the send request is using inline data, the message buffer must have been registered before being posted, with the mr parameter referencing the registration. The buffer must remain registered until the send completes.
SEE ALSOrdma_cm(7), rdma_connect(3), rdma_accept(3), rdma_reg_msgs(3) ibv_post_send(3), rdma_post_recv(3)