rdma_post_writev (3) - Linux Man Pages
rdma_post_writev: post an RDMA write work request.
NAMErdma_post_writev - post an RDMA write work request.
- A reference to a communication identifier where the request will be posted.
- User-defined context associated with the request.
- A scatter-gather list of the source buffers of the write.
- The number of scatter-gather array entries.
- Optional flags used to control the write operation.
- The address of the remote registered memory to write into.
- The registered memory key associated with the remote address.
DESCRIPTIONPosts a work request to the send queue of the queue pair associated with the rdma_cm_id. The contents of the local data buffers will be writen into the remote memory region.
RETURN VALUEReturns 0 on success, or -1 on error. If an error occurs, errno will be set to indicate the failure reason.
NOTESFor a list of supported flags, see ibv_post_send. Unless inline data is specified, the local data buffers must have been registered before the write is issued, and the buffers must remain registered until the write completes. The remote buffers must always be registered.
Write operations may not be posted to an rdma_cm_id or the corresponding queue pair until it has been connected.