i740 (4) - Linux Man Pages
i740: Intel i740 video driver
NAMEi740 - Intel i740 video driver
Section N'34'DeviceN'34' Identifier N'34'devnameN'34' Driver N'34'i740N'34'
DESCRIPTIONi740 is an Xorg driver for Intel i740 video cards.
SUPPORTED HARDWAREThe i740 driver supports Intel 740 based cards. A list of cards reported to work is provided in the README file with the driver source.
CONFIGURATION DETAILSPlease refer to xorg.conf(5) for general configuration details. This section only covers configuration details specific to this driver.
The driver auto-detects all device information necessary to initialize the card.
However, if you have problems with auto-detection, you can specify:
- VideoRam - in kilobytes
- DacSpeed - in MHz
- MemBase - physical address of the linear framebuffer
- IOBase - physical address of the memory mapped IO registers
The following driver options are supported on all chipsets:
- Option N'34'NoAccelN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Disable or enable 2D acceleration. Default: acceleration is enabled.
- Option N'34'SWCursorN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Request a software cursor (hardware is default). Default: off
- Option N'34'SDRAMN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Force the use of SDRAM timings. Default: off
- Option N'34'SGRAMN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Force the use of SGRAM timings. Default: off
- Option N'34'SlowRamN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Force the use of slower ram timings. Default: off
- Option N'34'Dac6BitN'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Force the use of a 6 Bit Dac (8 Bit is the default). Default: off
- Option N'34'UsePION'34' N'34'booleanN'34'
- Force the use of programmed IO (Memory mapped is the default). Default: off
Note: the i740 X server should automatically detect whether your card has SGRAM or SDRAM. Use the N'34'sgramN'34' and N'34'sdramN'34' options if it is incorrectly detected.
AUTHORSAuthors include: Kevin E Martin and Daryll Strauss of Precision Insight, Inc.
The XFree86 version of this driver was donated to The XFree86 Project by Precision Insight, Inc., Cedar Park, TX, USA
The Xorg version of this driver originally came from XFree86 4.4rc2.