mech (5) - Linux Man Pages
mech: GSS-API Mechanism and QOP files
NAMEmech qop - GSS-API Mechanism and QOP files
DESCRIPTIONThe /etc/gss/mech file contains a list of installed GSS-API security mechanisms. Each line of the file either contains a comment if the first character is '#' or it contains five fields with the following meanings:
- The name of this GSS-API mechanism.
- Object identifier
- The OID for this mechanism.
- A shared library containing the implementation of this mechanism.
- Kernel module (optional)
- A kernel module containing the implementation of this mechanism (not yet supported in FreeBSD).
- Library options (optional)
- Optionsal parameters interpreted by the mechanism. Library options must be enclosed in brackets ([ ]) to differentiate them from the optional kernel module entry.
The /etc/gss/qop file contains a list of Quality of Protection values for use with GSS-API. Each line of the file either contains a comment if the first character is '#' or it contains three fields with the following meanings:
- QOP string
- The name of this Quality of Protection algorithm.
- QOP value
- The numeric value used to select this algorithm for use with GSS-API functions such as gss_get_mic3.
- Mechanism name
- The GSS-API mechanism name that corresponds to this algorithm.
EXAMPLESThis is a typical entry from /etc/gss/mech
kerberosv5 1.2.840.113518.104.22.168 /usr/lib/libgssapi_krb5.so.8 -
This is a typical entry from /etc/gss/qop
GSS_KRB5_CONF_C_QOP_DES 0x0100 kerberosv5
HISTORYThe manual page example first appeared in Fx 7.0 .
AUTHORSThis manual page was written by An Doug Rabson Aq dfr [at] FreeBSD.org .