node (5) - Linux Man Pages
node: LinuxNode permissions file.
NAMEnode.perms - LinuxNode permissions file.
Node.perms file is read at program startup with the knowledge of users username (call), connection type (AX.25, NET/ROM, ROSE, TCP/IP), peers IP address (for TCP/IP) and port name (for AX.25). The first entry matching this information is taken and user is asked for password and given permissions according to it.
The lines within node.perms must either be a comment line, which starts with a # in the first column, or a permission entry in the following format, each field being delimited by white space:
- username type portname password permissions
The field descriptions are:
- This is matched against users username (call) without SSID. An asterisk (*) matches any username.
This is matched against the type of the connection to user.
Possible values for this field are:
- matches any type of connection.
- matches users coming in with AX.25.
- matches users coming in with NET/ROM.
- matches users coming in with ROSE.
- matches TCP/IP connections where users host is in "local" network as defined in node.conf(5).
- matches TCP/IP connections where users host is in amprnet (22.214.171.124/8).
- matches TCP/IP connections where users host is neither in "local" network nor in amprnet.
- matches users starting LinuxNode from shell.
- If user is coming in with AX.25 this field is matched against the local port name the user is coming in via. An asterisk (*) matches any port name.
- If the previous tree fields match and this field is not a single asterisk (*) the user is asked for a password. The password is then matched against this field.
This field represents a a bitmask of operations the user is permitted
to do. It is a sum of the values listed here:
- permits logging in even if no other permissions are given.
- permits outgoing AX.25 connects.
- permits outgoing NET/ROM connects.
- permits telneting to hosts in the "local" network as defined in node.conf(5).
- permits telneting to hosts in amprnet.
- permits telneting to hosts neither in the "local" network nor in amprnet.
- permits using hidden ports in outgoing AX.25 connections. (See HiddenPorts command in node.conf(5).)
- permits outgoing ROSE connects.
- The no-escape flag. Disables the escape mechanism for this user.