nrports (5) - Linux Man Pages
nrports: NET/ROM port configuration file.
NAMEnrports - NET/ROM port configuration file.
Nrports is an ASCII file that contains information about each of the NET/ROM ports that are to be used. When dealing with an NET/ROM utility such as call, it takes an optional argument that is the port name. This port name is a reference to the line within nrports, which has the same name. The information on each line contains enough information to bind the command to a particular NET/ROM interface, this binding is done by matching the callsign on the line in nrports with the callsign of the port set by ifconfig.
The nrports file may contain comments that begin with a # in the first column, or a port description in the following format, each field being delimited by white space:
- name callsign alias paclen description
The field descriptions are:
- this is the unique NET/ROM port identifier.
- the callsign of the NET/ROM interface to bind to.
- this is the alias of the NET/ROM port.
- is the default packet size for this interface.
- a free format description of this interface, this field extends to the end of the line. It may contain spaces.