drop_rule (7) - Linux Man Pages
drop_rule: remove a rewrite rule
NAMEDROP RULE - remove a rewrite rule
DROP RULE [ IF EXISTS ] name ON relation [ CASCADE | RESTRICT ]
- IF EXISTS
- Do not throw an error if the rule does not exist. A notice is issued in this case.
- The name of the rule to drop.
- The name (optionally schema-qualified) of the table or view that the rule applies to.
- Automatically drop objects that depend on the rule.
- Refuse to drop the rule if any objects depend on it. This is the default.
To drop the rewrite rule newrule:
DROP RULE newrule ON mytable;
SEE ALSOCREATE RULE [create_rule(7)]