amrmtape (8) - Linux Man Pages
amrmtape: remove a tape from the Amanda database
amrmtape - remove a tape from the Amanda database
changer-name] [--cleanup] [--dryrun] [-n] [--erase] [--keep-label] [--quiet] [-q] [--verbose] [-v] config label
See the amanda(8) man page for more details about Amanda.
- Specify which changer to use when erasing label
- Remove logs and indexes associated with label. Otherwise, they'll remain until the next run of amdump.
- Generate new tapelist(5) and database files with label removed, but leave them in /tmp and do not update the original copies.
- Attempt to erase the data contained on the volume with the given label. This requires that Amanda be able to find that volume using the tape changer. Erasure is not supported by all Amanda devices, and the erasure is not "secure" in the sense that the data can most likely be recovered by someone with the right tools.
- Do not remove label from the tapelist.
- List backups of hosts and disks that are being discarded. Enabled by default.
- Opposite of -v.
Remove tape labeled DAILY034 from the DailySet1 configuration.
# amrmtape DailySet1 DAILY034
Adrian T. Filipi-Martin <atf3r [at] cs.virginia.edu>
Stefan G. Weichinger <sgw [at] amanda.org>