grid-mapfile-add-entry (8) - Linux Man Pages
grid-mapfile-add-entry: Add an entry to a gridmap file
grid-mapfile-add-entry - Add an entry to a gridmap file
grid-mapfile-add-entry [ -h | -help | -usage | -version | -versions ]
The grid-mapfile-add-entry program adds a new mapping from an X.509 distinguished name to a local POSIX user name to a gridmap file. Gridmap files are used as a simple authorization method for services such as GRAM5 or GridFTP.
The grid-mapfile-add-entry program verifies that the LOCAL-NAME is a valid user name on the system on which it was run, and that the mapping between DISTINGUISHED-NAME and LOCAL-NAME does not already exist in the gridmap file.
By default, grid-mapfile-add-entry will modify the gridmap file named by the GRIDMAP environment variable if present, or the file /etc/grid-security/grid-mapfile if not. This can be changed by the use of the -mapfile or -f command-line options.
If the gridmap file does not exist, grid-mapfile-add-entry will create it. If it already exists, grid-mapfile-add-entry will save the current contents of the file to a new file with the string .old appended to the file name.
The full set of command-line options to grid-mapfile-add-entry are:
- Display the command-line options to grid-mapfile-add-entry.
- Display the version number of the grid-mapfile-add-entry command. The second form includes more details.
- The X.509 distinguished name to add a mapping for. The name should be in OpenSSL's oneline format.
- The POSIX user name to map the distinguished name to. This name must be a valid username. Add multiple LOCAL-NAME strings after the -ln command-line option. If any of the local names are invalid, no changes will be made to the gridmap file.
- Verify local names and display diagnostics about what would be added to the gridmap file, but don't actually modify the file.
-mapfile MAPFILE, -f MAPFILE
- Modify the gridmap file named by MAPFILE instead of the default.
- Don't copy the original file to MAPFILE.old.
- Don't check for changes to the gridmap during program execution.
Add a mapping between the current user's certificate to the current user id to a gridmap file in $HOME/.gridmap:
% grid-mapfile-add-entry -f $HOME/.gridmap -dn "`grid-cert-info -subject`" -ln "`id -un`" Modifying /home/juser/.gridmap ... /home/juser/.gridmap does not exist... Attempting to create /home/juser/.gridmap New entry: "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" juser (1) entry added
Add a mapping between the a distinguished name and multiple local names:
% grid-mapfile-add-entry -dn "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" juser" local1 local2 Modifying /home/juser/.gridmap ... /home/juser/.gridmap does not exist... Attempting to create /home/juser/.gridmap New entry: "/DC=org/DC=example/DC=grid/CN=Joe User" local1,local2 (1) entry added
The following environment variables affect the execution of grid-mapfile-add-entry:
- Path to the default gridmap to modify
The following files affect the execution of grid-mapfile-add-entry:
- Path to the default gridmap to modify if GRIDMAP environment variable is not set.
Copyright © 1999-2016 University of Chicago