gssproxy-mech (8) - Linux Man Pages
gssproxy-mech: GssProxy GSSAPI mechanism plugin
gssproxy-mech - GssProxy GSSAPI mechanism plugin
- proxymech_v1 2.16.840.1.1137184.108.40.206.1 /usr/lib64/gssproxy/proxymech.so [options]
The interposer plugin allows to intercept the entire GSSAPI communication and detour to the gssproxy daemon. When the interposer plugin is installed two other conditions need to be met in order to activate it:
a) interposer configuration file
- The plugin needs to be manually enabled in the /etc/gss/mech file.
b) gssproxy environment variable
- The interposer plugin will not forward to the gssproxy daemon unless the environment variable named GSS_USE_PROXY=yes is set.
Furthermore, the interposer plugin can be configured to behave in different ways when called from the GSSAPI. This behavior is controlled via the GSSPROXY_BEHAVIOR environment variable. It accepts four different values:
- All commands received with this setting will cause to immediately reenter the GSSAPI w/o any interaction with the gssproxy daemon. When the request cannot be processed it will just fail.
- All commands received with this setting will cause to immediately reenter the GSSAPI. When the local GSSAPI cannot process the request, it will resend the request to the gssproxy daemon.
- All commands received with this setting will be forwarded to the gssproxy daemon first. If the request cannot be handled there, the request will reenter the local GSSAPI.
- This setting is currently not fully implemented and therefor not supported.
The default setting for GSSPROXY_BEHAVIOR is REMOTE_FIRST.
GSS-Proxy - http://fedorahosted.org/gss-proxy