kdeinit4 (8) - Linux Man Pages
kdeinit4: KDE process launcher.
kdeinit4 - KDE process launcher.
- kdeinit4 [--help] [[--no-fork] | [--no-kded] | [--suicide]] [[+programs] | [programs]]
Using kdeinit4 to launch KDE applications makes starting a typical KDE application a couple times faster and reduces memory consumption by a substantial amount.
kdeinit4 is linked against all libraries a standard KDE application needs. With this technique, starting an application becomes much faster because now only the application itself needs to be linked whereas otherwise both the application as well as all the libaries it uses need to be linked.
The process name of applications started via kdeinit4 is "kdeinit4". This problem can be corrected to a degree by changing the application name as shown by ps. However, applications like killall will only see kdeinit4 as the process name. To workaround this, use kdekillall (from kdesdk/scripts) for applications started via kdeinit4.
- Show help about options
- Do not fork, i.e. do not exit until all the executed programs ends
- Do not start kded
- Terminate when no KDE applications are left running
- runs the programs handling requests
- runs the programs without handling requests
- Specifies the home directory of the current user
- Specifies if the home directory of the current user is read only
If set, tells kdeinit4 that the
programs are pre-linked.
(Prelinking is a process that allows you to speed up the process of dynamic linking.)
- If set, tells kdeinit4 that it is running on a KDE desktop.
Waldo Bastian <bastian [at] kde.org>
Mario Weilguni <mweilguni [at] sime.com>
Lubos Lunak <l.lunak [at] kde.org>