pam_issue (8) - Linux Man Pages
pam_issue: PAM module to add issue file to user prompt
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt
- pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name]
- current day
- name of this tty
- machine architecture (uname -m)
- machine's network node hostname (uname -n)
- domain name of this system
- release number of operating system (uname -r)
- current time
- operating system name (uname -s)
- number of users currently logged in
- same as \u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users")
- operating system version and build date (uname -v)
- Turns off escape code parsing.
- The file to output if not using the default.
MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
- Memory buffer error.
- The prompt was already changed.
- A service module error occurred.
- The new prompt was set successfully.
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login:
auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins [at] debian.org>.