passenger-status (8) - Linux Man Pages
passenger-status: inspect Phusion Passenger's internal status
passenger-status looks at the current status of a Phusion Passenger installation. It will locate Phusion Passenger automatically if it is running and will give you a list of instances if there is more than one Phusion Passenger instance running. You can then select the instance by specifying the relevant PID on the command line.
The general information section shows the following details:
- The maximum number of application instances that Phusion Passenger will spawn. This equals the value given for PassengerMaxPoolSize in the configuration.
- The number of application instances that are currently alive. This value is always less than or equal to max.
- The number of application instances that are currently processing requests. This value is always less than or equal to count.
- The number of application instances that are currently not processing requests, i.e. are idle. Idle application instances will be shutdown after a while, as can be specified with PassengerPoolIdleTime in the configuration. The value of inactive equals count - active.
- The process ID of the Phusion Passenger instance you want to look at
Phusion Passenger is written by Phusion (http://www.phusion.nl)
"Phusion" and "Phusion Passenger" are trademarks of Hongli Lai & Ninh Bui.
This manual page was written by Neil Wilson <neil [at] brightbox.co.uk> for the Ubuntu project (but may be used by others).