register-ds-admin (8) - Linux Man Pages
register-ds-admin: Registers Directory Server instances with an Admin Server
register-ds-admin.pl - Registers Directory Server instances with an Admin Server
SYNOPSISregister-ds-admin.pl [--options] -- [args]
DESCRIPTIONRegisters existing Directory Server instances with an existing Admin Server. This command does the set up necessary for the use of the Console to manage the Directory Server instances you are registering.
Use this command with the --update option after an upgrade to refresh the server information (version, build number, etc.) in the Console.
Can be run in interactive mode with different levels of verbosity, or in silent mode with parameters supplied in a .inf format file or on the command line.
OPTIONSA summary of options is included below:
- This message
- Print the version and exit
- Turn on debugging
- Use silent setup - no user input
- Use the file 'name' in .inf format to supply the default answers
- Do not delete the temporary .inf file generated by this program
- Log setup messages to this file - otherwise, a temp file will be used
- Update an existing installation (e.g. after upgrading packages)
- (update only) keep going despite errors (also --force)
For all options, you can also use the short name e.g. -h, -d, etc. For the -d argument, specifying it more than once will increase the debug level e.g. -ddddd
args: You can supply default .inf data in this format:
- "slapd.Suffix=dc=example, dc=com"
AUTHORregister-ds-admin.pl was written by the 389 Project.
REPORTING BUGSReport bugs to http://bugzilla.redhat.com.
COPYRIGHTCopyright © 2010 Red Hat, Inc.
This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the Directory Server license found in the LICENSE file of this software distribution. This license is essentially the GNU General Public License version 2 with an exception for plug-in distribution.